Monday, September 19, 2005

I, Me, Mine

I am continuously amazed by the number of people that I meet who are all about the "Me". There is no concern for the needs or feelings of others. The only thing in the world that matters to these individuals is the "Me". I guess that makes life easier when all you have to worry about is "How does this effect me?" or "What will I gain from this?"

People are so obsessed with themselves, that they can not take time to consider how they effect those around them. How their actions or inaction causes a ripple that touches the lives of a myriad of people, some they may never even meet.

Let's stop and think for a minute. Do you suppose that when Thomas Edison was working on the light bulb, all he was concerned with was lighting his own home? Or when Tesla was figuring out how to transmit a radio wave from one place to another, he was just wanting to be able to listen to his tunes? I don't think so.

But, maybe that's just "Me".

No comments: